Looking for to meal prep a breakfast recipe that is delicious, healthy, and preserves well over the span of a few days? Well, this recipe for the Best Breakfast Egg Muffins might just be your meal ticket, quite literally! These egg muffins are high in protein, low in carbs, and loaded with veggies— and some turkey bacon and mozzarella cheese, too. We’re sure your mouth is already watering…
Keep in mind that you’ll need one 12-cup or two 6-cup muffin trays to put this recipe together. However, you likely already have many of these spices and food items on hand. So, what are you waiting for? Check out the ingredients and directions below!
• Cooking spray
• 3 slices turkey bacon
• 1 small yellow onion, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 2 cups chopped baby spinach
• 6 large eggs
• 3 tablespoons milk
• ¼ teaspoon paprika
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with avocado or coconut oil cooking spray. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey bacon until crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then crumble.
2. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook until soft – around 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2 minutes more.
3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, paprika, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Fold in cooked vegetable mixture, turkey bacon, and mozzarella, Pour mixture into prepared muffin tin.
4. Bake until cooked through and golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
5. Let cool, then store in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to eat.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Heights Old Peachtree Apartments in Suwanee, Georgia encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.